"if you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow that person to be your friend?" one of the most eye opening things i’ve read in a while (via mythoughtsarestars)
(Source: witchury, via positiveselftalk)
"Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behaviors. Keep your behaviors positive because your behaviors become your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny." Mahatma Gandhi (via occult101)
"COMPLIMENTS THAT AREN’T ABOUT PHYSICAL APPEARANCE 3:29 p.m. feel free to add to this! (via expresswithsilence)
1) You’re empowering.
2) I like your voice.
3) You’re strong.
4) I think your ideas/beliefs matter.
5) I’m so happy you exist.
6) More people should be listening to what you have to say.
7) You’re a very warm hearted person.
8) It’s nice seeing such kindness.
9) You’re very down to earth.
10) You have a beautiful soul.
11) You inspire me to become a better person.
12) Our conversations bring me a lot of joy.
13) It’s good to see someone care so much.
14) You’re so understanding.
15) You matter a lot to me.
16) You’re important even if you don’t think so.
17) You’re intelligent.
18) Your passion is contagious.
19) Your confidence is refreshing.
20) You restore my faith in humanity.
21) You’re great at being creative.
22) You’re so talented at ____.
23) I don’t get tired of you the way I get tired of other people.
24) You have great taste in ___.
25) I’m happy I stayed alive long enough to meet you.
26) I wish more people were like you.
27) You’re so good at loving people."
"I seek strength, not to be greater than others, but to fight my greatest enemy, the doubts within myself" P.C. Cast (via positiveselftalk)
+things to benefit physical / mental health
1) engage in / improve on positive self-talk and nourishing your body
2) keep a clean room (less mess=less stress)
3) put full effort into schoolwork. stop procrastinating and turning in minimal quality assignments
4) take (positive) risks. quit waiting for others to initiate conversation &…
"Have you ever noticed that humans have made it so difficult and complicated to “survive” in this world? It’s a vicious cycle. You go to school, and try really hard, so that you can get into a good college, and then you try really hard at college to get a good job, and then you try really hard at your job, so you can make money. And then your kids do the same thing. And everyone just keeps on doing this and no one even stops to think WHY they’re doing it any more. Everyone just does it because it’s what you’re supposed to do. And like, before, when the human race had just started, the goal was to just SURVIVE. People just lived. I mean, that’s what really matters, right? Survival. Because after you die, it doesn’t matter what college you went to." Dylan, my 12 year old brother (via unmaiden)
(Source: sillypandora, via ikajaanyxo)